Monday, November 21, 2005

Trip to Chicago

We went to the windy city last week. Have I told you that I really love Chicago. I don't know if I'd really want to live in the city for the rest of my life, but I love walking to everywhere...Much more economical and better for my health. It's fun to be in the city too. You get to hear so many different languages and see aspects of other cultures. I love it. So Jabin and I took the train from Holland there on Tues morning, We arrived back to our hotel, had lunch and then it was nap time for him. When he woke up we toured the hotel and then went out with his mom to the Cheesecake Factory....a must stop in Chicago. Then Lorrie (Jabin's mom), Jabin and I walked around Michigan Ave for some shopping. Such a great time. Wed, Jabin and I went to the Shed's Aquarium, which was so cool. We saw dolphin shows and all kinds of animals...When Jabin saw the penguins he goes..."Look Becky, Kowalski's...(from Madagascar). Have I told you that he's so cute! Well he is. We came back and had naptime again...then Lorrie and Jabin went out while I met with my friend Charity (who lives in Chicago). We we to the Rainforest Cafe. (which is fun, but I wasn't crazy about it especially how expensive it was) Thurs, Lorrie had to leave by 5 am to get to her flight and Jabin and I bummed around. Well kinda, I woke up at 4:30 and I couldn't sleep anymore (I think I just knew that Lorrie was leaving so I was trying to listen for Jabin, who knows....I must have had mommy ears on. So Jabin woke up at 5:30 and we played, watched some tv, went to breakfast, went swimming...took an hour nap, then went to the Navy Pier children's museum. It was so much fun! But very busy. We had to get on the train around 5 so we then went to Union Station and he slept the whole way home. It was such a fun trip. Jabin was so great the whole time too.

I stayed pretty busy this weekend too so I'm trying to catch up on sleep still and of course my qb is playing Monday night football tonight and I want to see if I can pull off the win. We'll see if I'm able to stay awake.

Rockford made it to state finals again. They'll play at the Ford Field on sat at 1. So if anyone wants so go I've got a van but I don't want to go by myself.

Well I know I have so much more to fill you all in on but my eyes are tired of looking at the computer screen. So have a good night!

No comments: