Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Christmas Tree Fiasco...Or not?

Well as tradition goes in our house I do ALL our decorating for Christmas. I got all my stuff done (but was waiting on the boys to get the tree) the day after Thanksgiving. I of course crank up the Christmas music and dance around singing at the top of my lungs...It's always a good time. So after waiting a while for someone to get our tree...My dad went and cut one of ours down Sunday afternoon just before I had to leave for night church...So I didn't have time to do any decorating. And of course I've been busy each night this week so I finally got to decorating the tree tonight.

Well I really hadn't even looked at the tree before tonight actually, just passed it by. Let me tell you, have you ever seen Charlie Brown's tree...Well I think that one looked better than ours. haha well not really. It looks ok from one side, but the middle is really bare, then from the other side the middle is great but the bottom and top are bare so it was hard to find a good "center" for facing people. I just decided to decorate it the best I could and have fun doing it. It really was fun I was talking to Jenny on the phone so it was like she was there with me and Josh was playing his guitar while I was putting up the decorations. It was all going great but the tree was really pricky. (oh let me add that I am actually allergic to pine trees, when I get poked I get hives and itchy fat hands....So it's always interesting to decorate but it's fun) So by the time I was done my hands were pretty puffy and do itchy. Well I'm finally done this this crazy looking tree, that seemed to be leaning more and more each time I looked at it. I'm moving it back into place and what happens? Oh yeah it falls over on me....So I'm crouching on the ground holding the tree stand with my feet to help balance the weight and leaning back trying to hold up the tree with my hands...I yell for help and my dad comes in to get the tree...He goes to hold it and say..."Oh that's too pokey, do you have it?" as I'm struggling to not fall over with the tree on the floor. "no dad I don't have it, get a glove or something so I can move to get it better"....haha so long story shorter, we ended up having to tie the top of the tree to our blinds (our slider ones) so it wouldn't keep falling over....so the tree looks good now....haha if you're leaning to the left at about at 45 degree angle. So as our decorating goes over here, there's always an exciting story to tell. I have just found this so humorous that I thought I should share it with everyone. Maybe you'll be as entertained as I was doing my Christmas decorating.

1 comment:

Mriss said...

haha I wish you had someone taping all that!