Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Dios Bendice (God bless)

Well it has been a crazy few weeks (to say the least). So many changes going on in the Elyea house. Jeff moved down to New Orleans to work cleaning up after the hurricane, we have a great addition to our family named Colton, Mom is buying a video business (a things we've talked about starting for a long time and God just laid this opportunity in our laps, thank you God!), I guess life takes new directions each day. God's blessing are new each day!

So due to all the events of the past weeks I have really learned a lot about myself. But the one I am most surprised in is how content I am in my life. When I think back to where I "thought" my life would be at this point (married with maybe a child or two) I am not where near that. But honestly I Praise the Lord for where I am. I have been able to do so many thing the past few years, that if my position in life were any different I wouldn't have been able to do any of them. Do I want to get married, yes someday, but in the mean time I really am content where I'm at. Now does that mean I ALWAYS feel this way, nope. But thinking about the changes that would occur in my life...Wow that really is a big step I don't know if I would be ready to take just yet. I have really appreciated my family more and more over the past weeks. New things always bring your closer. And with Colton we have a lot more family time (or as my dad says, "fellowship of the brotherhood") Last Friday, mom, dad, josh and I stayed home and talked. We were listening to bluegrass and oldies so every once and a while there was an outburst in dancing (I so wish I would've had my video camera handy). And it's just so nice to have a family that we get along and actually enjoy being together. God has really blessed me with an amazing family! But even more than that I have some great friends! We are all so unique I think because we've known each other so long. We have close friendships and are able to have fun no matter what. Good or bad I am thankful for every bit if my family and friends.

Yeah so I'm sure that all came from out of the blue...And it did. But it's one of those things that when you start to examine your life and look at what the Lord really does provide you with you can't help but share your thankfulness. I hope you all can say the same thing. I do love each and every one of you!!!

2 comments:

Mriss said...

Woah! I had no idea about Jeff moving and yer mom's video business! That's crazy! I wanna hear more about it!

Valerie said...

Becky that is so neat -- such an encouragement! I was just writing a letter today to Dr. Webber (he's retiring in April and we're putting a book together for him) that talked about plans.... How my life today looks so different from the plans I had 'back then,' and I couldn't agree more --- God does amazing things when we're willing to let Him work. The plans I had, well, they truly pale in comparison with what's "gone down" and I can't say I have much to complain about. Thanks for the pick-me-up and the reinforcement...